The inaugural service of Ahuntsic United Church in Montreal North took place the first Sunday in May 1926. Until 1928 Latendresse Hall was used for services. Ahuntsic United on Jacob Street (Basile-Routhier) was opened in 1928. Rev. Herbert William Burnett served as pastor for both Ahuntsic and Montreal North United.
Galbraith United Church began in 1925 as Montreal North United by Rev. Robert Smith. A student, Harold Burse was put in charge until 1928 when Rev. H.W. Burnett took charge. The Church Hall was built on land on Mayenne (Prieur) Street donated by a Mr. J. Galbraith. Rev. Burnett was succeeded by Rev. Donald H. MacVicar in 1931 and Rev. Dr. George L. Hurst in 1935. An extension to the church was added in 1953 and in 1961 a new Church Hall was built.
Due to dwindling attendance Galbraith decided to close. Services ceased as of July 15,1971 and the building was sold . Ahuntsic United became Ahuntsic-Galbraith. However in 1972 the Ahuntsic Church building was sold to Eglise Baptiste d'Ahuntsic and the congregation was disbanded. The final service took place June 25, 1972.
Source: United Church Archives - Beverly Levine