Crystal Springs Church began as a branch Sunday School of Amherst Park Congregational Church. The first meeting was held in 1909 at the home of Mrs. LaPape. Shortly afterward it was found necessary to rent a flat solely for the use of the Sunday School. The flat was at 2725 Labelle Street (now Chateaubriand). About 1910 evening services were begun and the school became a mission church. In 1911 two lots on Labelle Street below 33rd Avenue (now Jarry) were acquired on which to build a church. The first service was held on October 20,1912. On May 16,1913 the Crystal Springs Mission was organized into a church.
At a special meeting on March 7,1923 there was unanimous approval of the basis of Union, so that the church automatically became Crystal Springs United Church on June 10,1925. In 1963 an arrangement was arrived at with Livingstone United Church to share their minister with Crystal Springs. Due to financial and leadership difficulties the church closed on June 30,1968.
Source: United Church Archives - Beverly Levine