Emmanuel Congregational Church was formed by members of Zion Church in 1875. The congregation met in the Montreal Gymnasium until the first church building was completed in 1877 on the corner of Stanley and St. Catherine Streets. In 1905 a new building, classical in design, was begun on Drummond Street.
The church joined the union in 1925 and in 1948 amalgamated with Westmount Park - Melville. The building was sold to the Salvation Army and still serves as their Citadel.
Source: United Church Archives - Beverly Levine
Return to Montreal Protestant Churches
Back to the homepage