From: "A History of the Scotch Presbyterian Church, St. Gabriel Street,
By Rev, Robert Campbell, M.A., 1887
[As well as Cuthbert Grant] Their were three other Grants among the "gentleman of the Northwest," who subscribed to the St. Gabriel street church building fund, Robert Grant giving five guineas, David Grant three guineas, and Peter Grant three pounds; but we find little further record of them in connection with either the church or state.
David Grant, in an entry of the register for 1796, is spoken of as "an Indian trader."
Peter Grant was a factor in the North-west
Company, and spent the greater part of his life in the Indian country.
When he retired, he settled at St.Anne's, bout de l'isle. He afterwards
removed to Lachine, where he died in July, 1848, age about 85 years. He
bought pew 51 [in the St. Gabriel street church]
Back to the homepage