Kensington Presbyterian Church in Notre Dame de Grace was formed in 1896 as a mission extension charge from Montreal West Presbyterian Church in what was known as Kensington district. The first service was held in the home of Thomas Davis. It was organized as a congregation in 1908. The original church was enlarged by two wings around 1917. A larger building was erected and opened on June 29th, 1922. The new Sunday School Hall was built in 1934.
In 1947 Kensington was amalgamated with Knox-Crescent Presbyterian Church and re-named Knox-Crescent Kensington Church. In 1984 Knox-Crescent-Kensington was amalgamated with First Presbyterian Church to form Knox-Crescent-Kensington and First.
Source: Presbyterian Archives - Kim Arnold