From: "Lake St. Louis, Old and New" (Supplement)
By Desire Girouard, Montreal, 1903
Sketch on Lachine methodist Church by Rev. A. W. Williamson
The Methodist is the youngest and smallest of all the Protestant congregations in Lachine, but is steadily growing with the increasing population.
The building in which services are now held, situated at the corner of St. Joseph and Arthur streets, was erected in 1868. At that time Cote St. Paul and the Tanneries (now St. Henry) formed a "circuit" under the Superintendent Minister, but Lachine is now a separate Methodist congregation under the charge of Rev. A. W. Williamson.
About three years ago [c1900] the congregation built a residence for
their minister, which is occupied by the present Incumbent.
In 1925 Lachine Methodist joined the United Church of Canada and in 1926 the name was changed to Grace United Church.
MINISTERS & NUMBER OF MEMBERS 1881-1925