Livingstone United Church had its beginnings in the St.Louis Park Sunday School in 1904. Worship services and Sunday School classes were held in the home of a Mr. Smith on Hutchison between Atlantic and Pacific (now Beaubien and St.Zotique), who was a member of Amherst Park Congregational Church.
When the Smiths moved to Western Canada the school was taken over by Mrs. John Patton who lived on the same street. When the Pattons moved in 1907, the school moved to Hugh Cully's, a member of St.Giles Presbyterian Church. The wife of the minister of St.Giles, Rev. J.Dobson, and Charles Scott, superintendent of St.Giles' Sunday School, the St. Louis de Mile End Presbyterian Mission was formed. Land was purchased on Atlantic (St.Zotique) and Jeanne Mance, and construction began in 1909. The building was dedicated in January 1910. The church was named in honour of David Livingstone, a Scottish doctor, explorer and missionary in Africa. A branch Sunday School, renting Martin Hall and dating back to 1904 had to be discontinued in 1913 for lack of interest.
When the church voted for union in 1925 it lost 87 members. The old church was sold and a new one erected in 1927 at the corner of Bloomfield and Ogilvy Avenues in Park Extension. The architects were MacVicar and Herriot.
In later years St. Cuthbert's Anglican Church rented the sanctuary, as did the Deuxième Église du Christe Scientiste. Due to declining membership the church was closed in 1984. The final service was held June 24. The Armenian Evangelical Church of the United Church took over occupancy of the building in the summer of 1984.
Source: United Church Archives - Beverly Levine