The first service of Rosedale United Church was held February 1, 1932. Rev. H. W. Burnett had begun a Sunday School in Rosedale Elementary School in November 1931, at the request of the Montreal Presbytery. The Finance and Extension Board of the Presbytery of Montreal bought the Rosedale School and, in 1950, deeded it to the congregation for a nominal sum. The cornerstone for a proper church building was laid March 31,1951 and the dedication service took place March 12,1952.
The architect was A. Leslie Perry.
Dewey Hall, named for the Reverend George F. Dewey who served at Rosedale from 1933 to 1964, was erected in 1962.
In June 1991 Rosedale United Church amalgamated with Queen Mary Road United Church to become Rosedale Queen Mary United Church.
Source: United Church Archives - Beverly Levine
Return to Montreal Protestant Churches
Back to the homepage