The Hochelaga Methodist congregation worshipped in a little red brick building on Marlborough Street near St. Catherine which was still standing in 1964. It was decided to leave that location because the congregation was moving away so the building was sold, and the congregation met for worship in temporary quarters at Houle Hall on Letournaux St. and later on in a hall on Pie IX Blvd. The cornerstone of the new church was laid in 1914. The name Trinity Methodist Church was chosen for the new church. This is the building now used for Church School and congregational purposes.
The congregation voted to join the United Church of Canada on June 3rd 1925 and the name became Trinity United Church. The cornerstone of the present sanctuary was laid in 1927 and dedication took place October 2nd 1927.
Source: United Church Archives - Beverly Levine
Back to the homepage